19.3.08

Farrow & Ball Launch 18 New Colors

Farrow & Ball Paint has just introduced 18 new paint colors in their line. I like the Farrow & Ball Paint range because it is complete yet concise. The specification of the product is very clear without too many different finishes or too large a product range to make it confusing. To use, it is just superb, like brushing silk onto the walls. The depth of colour can only be compared to silk, a fibre with a great capacity for pigment.

The product is premixed ensuring good colour matching. Every Farrow & Ball Paint colour is perfect. It is the exact shade or tint that works for a particular colour. The depth of colour and finish is way above all other paints. Every colour is a winner.

I also love the names of the colours; no other product allows you to specify ‘Drab’ and have the result be fabulous! I am especially happy to see the bottom 3 new Farrow & Ball colors: Pelt, Tanners Brown & Pitch Black and can hardly wait to try them. Wimborne White and Skimming Stone will definitely be on my list of new whites to try. I have paired some of these Farrow & Ball colors to pictures that I think might closely approximate the new paint colours in their line, so you can see how they might work in a room setting. Paint is a wonderful avenue for decorating. I always tell my clients that one colour doesn't cost anymore than another, but it can make all the difference in the world.

Farrow & Ball Paint

Farrow & Ball Paint

Farrow & Ball Paint

Farrow & Ball Paint

In rooms like the ones above I would use Farrow & Ball Paint No. 239 Wimborne White to bring out the detail in an all white space.
Photos Scott Yetman

Farrow & Ball Paint dominio

Farrow & Ball Paint No.254 Pelt - A rich plum-brown, would be an elegant and very current choice for this room.

Farrow & Ball Paint elle decor3march 2008

Farrow & Ball Paint No. 264 Cinder Rose for this room - "a fresh mauve colour" with perhaps just a little more pink in it than this picture.

Farrow & Ball Paint

Farrow & Ball Paint No.244 London Clay - the name says it all.

Farrow & Ball Paint eric piasecki photography com

Farrow & Ball Paint No.242 Pavilion Gray - a pretty light gray

Farrow & Ball Paint house beautiful

Farrow & Ball Paint No.249 Lancaster Yellow - a fresh and clean pale yellow

Farrow & Ball Paint bilhuber

Farrow & Ball Paint No.247 Terre D'Egypte - a deliciously warm red-brown terracotta

Farrow & Ball Paint jkcapri com hotel italy

Farrow & Ball Paint No.253 Drawing Room Blue - A traditional ‘salon’ blue, this colour’s clean hue is reminiscent of the pigment Cobalt,
used by artists and discerning decorators ever since its discovery in the 19th century.

Farrow & Ball Paint elle decor

Farrow & Ball Paint No.248 Incarnadine - A rich, crimson red, similar to the red gloss paint used by the late David Hicks
at Baron’s Court in the 1970s.

Farrow & Ball Paint Michael S Smith in book Elements of Style

Farrow & Ball Paint No.240 Cat's Paw - A stylish, yellow-based neutral colour which has an especially soft tone.

Farrow & Ball Paint SheilaBridges

Farrow & Ball Paint No.251 Curlish Green - A yellow-green colour has been used decoratively for centuries,
both on its own and as a ground beneath patterned wallpapers

Farrow & Ball Paint Martha Stewart

Farrow & Ball Paint No.245 Middleton Pink - A very delicate and near-translucent traditional
pale pink which is pretty without being too sugary.

Farrow & Ball Paint JefferyBilhuberInterior2

Farrow & Ball Paint No.255 Tanner's Brown - A dark, earthy brown, considered one of the most timeless of decorative tones.

Check out another post on the new Farrow & Ball paint colors at Windlost's Blog

 

 

Patricia Gray writes about 'WHAT'S HOT 'in the world of Interior Design, new and emerging trends, modern design,
architecture, and travel, as well as how your surroundings can enhance your world.
© Patricia Gray Interior Design Blog, 2009

22 comments:

  1. My FAVORITE is the London CLAY color....its great! Caught my eye right away.

    Jen Ramos
    '100% Recycled DESIGNER Cards'
    www.madebygirl.com
    madebygirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these rooms and new colors...especially the clay gray... Fay

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG - that room (top left) is so beautiful! Sorry I'm digressing a little from your post Patricia but that room oh....I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wish I could use F & B paints everytime!!

    ~Kate

    ReplyDelete
  5. delicious colours! yummy!
    ...and thanks for your link to my blog Patricia :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pavilion grey and the tanners brown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this company. I think their papers are the best out there. I used the stripe lately and it's so nice and thick. Also, used the silvergate damask. I'm wanting to put another of their damask in my bedroom. Great post, Patricia.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous21/3/08

    Love this post! Sooo inspirational! Beautiful Patricia!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that earthy brown, but I'm not sure I would dare to paint it myself.

    T8
    Strange Closets Design Blog
    http://www.strangeclosets.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous31/3/08

    The description for Cinder Rose sounds exactly what I'm looking for to use in my bedroom, and I love English country houses. I must get a sample. On another note, I am almost positive the picture for Middleton Pink was featured in Martha Stewart Living, maybe a picture in the recent Pink issue, of her guest house??

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm a little late finding this post and your blog for that matter. But, I just had to say how I love the Drawing Room Blue!

    It reminds me so much of my mother it almost makes me cry.

    Kinsey
    http://kotybear.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the post Patricia. Am looking for a "sophisticated" pink for master bedroom. Like the Middleton so far. So afraid of it but really want to give it a try. Wonder if I should look at whites with a hink of pink?
    Any suggestions would be welcome.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  13. I keep coming back to this post. It has been soooo helpful. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. patricia...i love your blog... it is such a wealth of information! i use farrow and ball whenever i can and in a new project... pale powder is beyond amazing.. orangery fabulous, and pink ground..sooo soothing!
    i love the additional colors.. thank you again for all of your inspiration... x pam

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore that product . I wish I could use it more .

    ReplyDelete
  16. Becky19/6/09

    Farrow and Ball Paint is one of my favorite paints to use. I love all of the new colors you have shown.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Anonymous14/10/09

    Farrow and Ball is my paint bible,I absolutely positively would not leave the office without it, there has never been a doubt in my mind whenever I specify Farrow and Ball unlike other paint brands. What you see is what you get, it is a beautiful full bodied paint and a remarkable paint company. Richard- Hotel Interior Designer

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi
    Love the blog site.
    I use Farrow and Ball here in England all the time, Follow my current mission refurbishing 'The most Beautiful House in England', Brympton D'Evercy in Somerset.
    Any visitors from Canada that would like a guided tour let me know.
    Susanx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Patrica great blog as a high quality painter and decorator in Essex I use all manner of paint brands and I must say the colour range for FB is fantastic. But I and many other decorator will not use the gloss/ eggshell on woodwork due to FB only using water based products.

    I also recommend Little Green Paint as a quiality brand

    ReplyDelete
  20. Anonymous3/12/11

    Hi
    I just love Farrow and Ball colours. I repainted my wooden south facing kitchen recently - we painted the units new white and the walls old white. The finish is amazing...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. My favorite is the blue drawing room. Reminds me of my mother. this is a great blog site!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing look of the home. Perfect colors the luxury look!!

    ReplyDelete

Patricia Gray | Interior Design Blog™

I love to hear your comments and welcome your thoughts and feedback. Please use the comment form as a discussion format pertaining to the topic at hand.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...